Last year we had some terrible floods here in Yorkshire. At the time you obviously couldn't drive anywhere. After the roads had cleared somewhat, we ventured out to the reservoir (where I took my iPhone shots in a previous post) I have never seen the water this high before. I took these shots for my niece as she was in hospital at the time and this is one of her favourite spots. The floods caused terrible damage everywhere but just added to the beauty of the reservoir, with the sound of running water.

These steps have always been dry on previous visits.

The plants below are usually on dry ground!
Thursday, 20 March 2008
After the Floods
Blogged with the Flock Browser
Posted by Babs (Beetle) at 05:51
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Makes me long for the summer to appear:0)
Me too. Nice strolls in beautiful places :O)
Was that a bridge under water Babs?
Water can be very dangerous and I do fear it BUT it can also be the most calming and peiceful thing to watch and listen too. Tinax
That truly is a beautiful spot, and one of the first places we discovered when we moved here. The quality of the photos is great Babs. Congratulations!
You're right Auntie Babs, My absolute favouritest spot!