We went out for a picnic on Sunday. It was the first sunny, warm day we have had this year, so we wanted to make the most of it.
We went to Chatsworth in Derbyshire and walked around some of the beautiful grounds. Sheep were grazing everywhere, along with their babies. I took lots of photos but couldn't really get close enough for a good shot. They walked away as you got close. These may not be great quality photographs but the subject matter was worth posting.





Mo trying to touch one.

Chatsworth is the home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, and it has been the home of their family, the Cavendishes, since December 1549.

Mary Queen of Scots, was imprisoned there on various occasions, in fact we stood on the very spot she was claimed to have used for exercise.
If you click on the photo you can read about it.
The grounds are massive, and we will definitely be going back there to see a lot more, and view the inside of this great house.
We went to Chatsworth in Derbyshire and walked around some of the beautiful grounds. Sheep were grazing everywhere, along with their babies. I took lots of photos but couldn't really get close enough for a good shot. They walked away as you got close. These may not be great quality photographs but the subject matter was worth posting.





Mo trying to touch one.

Chatsworth is the home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, and it has been the home of their family, the Cavendishes, since December 1549.

Mary Queen of Scots, was imprisoned there on various occasions, in fact we stood on the very spot she was claimed to have used for exercise.
If you click on the photo you can read about it.The grounds are massive, and we will definitely be going back there to see a lot more, and view the inside of this great house.
Blogged with the Flock Browser


What beautiful photographs! We were also watching the lambs and calves on Sunday. They are so sweet. I do envy Mo getting that close to them!
Well I think the photos are wonderful. David Baily watch out!
Lucky mo and lucky you, will you take Dave and I to some nice place or other when we come for a visit?
We will be coming in the nice weather for a change.
Tina
I love Chatsworth House it is well worth a visit. Great photos more please.
Jeanette Spain
FANTASTIC PICS BABS !!!!
IVE SEEN CHATSWORTH ON TV A LOT NEVER IRL THOUGH
LOVE ANNEXXX
The second to last photo (of the house) is impressive. Can't say I'd want to live there though with the likes of you two staring through my windows!!!
'Ello! Anybody 'ome? Any chance of a cup of tea yer Ladyship'
Chatsworth was one of our favourite places to go. Did you see the trout jumping in the lake.
Very exciting! Did you see lots of cows wandering around? Last time we were there we saw the Duchess walking her dogs 'in the garden'!!
Happy days!
The sheep are amazing and I think these are great photographs! Especially the little lambs are awesome :)
Thanks for telling us more about Chatsworth, was really interesting.
Those are great shots of the sheep. It is so funny that are moms are both taking similar photos! I wonder what sort of sheep these are? They look a bit different than the sheep my mom saw in Texel.
Oh, and mom loves the other photos too....you know how my mom loves to travel and she still must come to the UK...at least for more than one day like she has.
Great set of photos!
--JB
WOW! hi ma'am im sheng from the philippines. I love your shots and all your posts. You have a lot of accounts hehehehe. Me i do blogging so i can earn extra money for my schooling. anyway please do add me up on ur list its http://www.shengyael.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Ahhhh...they're so darn cute! I love that photo of the tree on the bank...great shot.
What beautiful photos!
Especially the little lambs are awesome