It's been a bit of a hectic week, so I wasn't able to take any photos.This is a photo I took last year, of one of our roses. It's a rose bush that has moved house with us three times, and still survives!

It's been a bit of a hectic week, so I wasn't able to take any photos.
Labels: rose, Ruby Tuesday
Posted by Babs (Beetle) at 06:29
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Unbelievably beautiful, Babs! Amazing it's survived the moves! Happy Ruby Tuesday!
First visit..how talented you are !!!
Rambling Woods
Very pretty! I can see why you keep dragging the bush along with you when you move. :D
Roses are very beautiful flowes but require a lot of work to keep going and they bite! Great photo though
Wow! How wonderful to have been able to bring the rose bush with you on your moves. Beautiful shot. Those petals look like soft velvet.
I stopped back by to see it again! So beautiful!
Thank you all for your comments. I forgot to mention:
1. We bought this rose in memory of our mother, which is why it moves with us.
2. It has the most beautiful aroma I have ever smelt on a rose.
What a beautiful shade of red! The petals look like velvet.
it does look like velvet. wish I could smell it
how wonderful that it stays with you in honor of Mom - that's a lovely thing to do
A Classic Red Rose! It's simply divine.
Such a perfect rose.
Mmmmm, I can almost smell it from all the way over here!
:D
Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*
That is a really good looking rose. I wish I could smell it too! We had two different rose bushes grow at my parents. One that smells like your typical florist rose, and the other, oh the other I cannot explain and only recently found a particular candle scent that captures that beautiful aroma. It's so satisfying to smell.
I guess I am too early for today's post. Will try to stop back by later. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a wonderful day!
Beautiful rose.. But why does the lower petals appear dark? Shadows?
Delson:
When it is bud form, it is almost black. As it opens the inside petals are lighter.
Very great photo of the rose!
You might know I'm partial to reds, especially deep reds. Love it!
Great photo - I never can get enough photographing roses - there is such an amazing variety of roses and still I am discovering always new ones again and again.
Sweet greetings,
Petra
It's truly gorgeous!
Nice beautiful red rose shot. I love red rose.