I am posting these images as a test. I have re-designed my blog to allow for larger photos. It saves having to click to enlarge images. I hope this works for you.
This little creature was a complete surprise to me. It just looked like a normal fly to the naked eye. I had to lean over, and stretch out with the camera at arms length, to take this macro shot, and when I saw it on my computer screen I was quite surprised at the cute little thing.
I was very pleased with this one as well. I only have a small camera, so was pleased with the sharpness of this one.

Saturday, 16 August 2008
New Layout and photos
Posted by Babs (Beetle) at 14:44
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Excellent photo's! Just shows you what the human eye can miss:0)
I like the layout and look! And the pics look great! :) lovely all around.
I think one of those flies was on our window just today (on the outside, of course).What is it?
The detail is amazing!
Love the new layout! :) Love seeing the photos nice and large on the blog.
Awesome shot! I love the details in those wings in the second picture.
Babs, you must tell me you you did this?!!
I'm with WillThink4Wine, I'd love to hear how you did this on Blogger!
To add on, I think the new layout is great; save us from clicking on to the enlarge images. :)
All:
Thank you. Your feedback is a great help. I needed to know if this was the best option ;O)
When I now see a wasp I have bad memories on my latest trip to Berlin and the killer wasp there...
And always when I look at your pictures I think, hey, I should get a new camera :-)
Okay, Babs, this is marvelous. Did you resize your template? How many pixels did you add. You've done a magnificent job! Your photos are incredible!
I went from 660px to 1000px, using the 'Minima' template. Made the post section 710px and the side bar 260px.
Ana of http://chica-pumuckl.blogspot.com/ has just tidied up the comments section for me. Thank you Ana ;O)
You're welcome :-)
Brilliant photos Babs I have been experimenting with my new compact digital and am impressed with the results, not as clear as yours though.
Thanks for telling me, Babs about your changes. I don't know if I can go that large...
I need to redesign mine to accept the larger photos. This is great! Very nice photos as well.
Your pictures are extremely crisp and clear. Good job!
@ Babs off topic. Thanks for your comments. I do use macro mode on my camera but am still getting used to the features. I have a Fuji Finepix Z20 and am very plesed with it.